The Sentinel offers nonprofit and other community organizations an opportunity to promote upcoming events for free in the community calendar for three days before the event. Events requiring reservations may be promoted for up to two weeks before the reservation deadline.
Events that require a purchase from a for-profit business, even if a donation is made to the organization, are not eligible for the calendar.
Submit items at least one in advance via email, firstname.lastname@example.org; call (717) 248-6741; online, Virtual Newsroom at www.lewistownsentinel.com; or mail or drop off, The Sentinel, 352 Sixth St., P.O. Box 588 Lewistown, PA 17044. The editor reserves the right to edit all submissions.
You must include a telephone number for verification purposes. The phone number is not for publication, unless so indicated.
Thursday, Aug. 4
•Machine Shop No. 1 retirees breakfast — 8 a.m., The Restaurant, Fourth Street, Lewistown.
•Bingo — 1 p.m., Yeagertown Senior Center.
•Computer basics class — 1-3 p.m. at Careerlink, MCIDC Building 58, Lewistown. Learn how to use the mouse efficiently and the most used features of the keyboard. Discover the internet, managing files and more.
•Fayette community carnival — Entertainment: Broken Record. More information: www.fayettecommunitycarnival.com
Friday, Aug. 5
• Free backpacks and school supplies — 6-7:30 p.m. at Haldeman Park in Thompsontown. For kindergarten through 12th grades. Students must be present. Supply is limited. Free hot dogs and face painting.
•Fayette community carnival — Entertainment: Bella Donna. More information: www.fayettecommunitycarnival.com.
Saturday, Aug. 6
•Coffee with friends — 9 a.m.-noon at Lack-Tuscarora EMS, 9320 South Route 75, East Waterford.
•Graceful Soles Shoe Bank — 9 a.m.-noon, Grace United Methodist Church, 101 Logan St., Lewistown. Children up to age 18 are given a free pair of shoes with verification of low income through medical assistance. Parents or guardians must accompany the child.
•Keystone State Muscle Cars/PA Modern Mopars open cruise in — 5-8 p.m. at Londonderry Restaurant, 47 Auto Auction Circle, Reedsville.
•Fayette community carnival — Entertainment: Nottingham Four. Car show, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Parade, 4 p.m. Chicken barbecue. More information: www.fayettecommunitycarnival.com
Sunday, Aug. 7
• Free Concert — The Westminster United Presbyterian Church of Mifflintown is sponsoring a free concert by Dale Keller on August 7th at 6 p.m. on the side lawn of the Church. Dale Keller is a well known Nashville Recording artist and specializes in Southern Gospel music. There will be three food trucks available for the purchase of various food items, These food trucks are Suante’s food truck; Lauver’s extensive sandwich truck and also Lauver’s Ice Cream and milkshake truck. These trucks will be available from 4:30 p.m. and will remain throughout the event. So please bring your chair or blankets and come join us for an enjoyable evening of great music; great food and fellowship rain or shine. Jill Steward 717-436-2712. Member United Presbyterian Church.
Upcoming reunions, including missing classmate requests, are published as part of the calendar. Brief reports of reunions and class reunion photos with the people identified in the order in which they appear are accepted for publication in the Living section.
• Chief Logan High School Class of 1987 35th anniversary — 6-9 p.m. Aug. 5 at Hungry Run Distillery, Ridens Road, and 6-9 p.m. Aug. 6 at The Bus, Logan Boulevard. No charge to attend, but donations are welcome.
• Lewistown Granville High School Class of 1970 50th (+2) reunion — Aug. 13 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Rec Park Community Center. Registration form can be found online at https://www.facebook.com/LGHS50th/ or call (717) 347-8223.
• Lynch, Pannebaker, Smith, Stewart family reunion — Greenwood Furnace Pavilion 3 at 1 p.m. on Aug. 7.
• Mellinger family reunion — Aug. 13 at Kish Park Green Pavilion. Meal at noon. Hamburgers, hot dogs and bottled water provided; please bring a covered dish to share. There will be an auction and games.
• Chief Logan High School Class of 1972 50th reunion — Aug. 13 from 5-10 p.m. at the Lewistown Country Club. Classmates and guest welcome. $18 per person. For reservations, call Tim or Patty Yearick at (717) 667-2076.
• Lewistown High School Class of 1955 65th reunion — 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at Birch Hill Events in Burnham. For reservations call Mary at (717) 248-8871.
• Descendants of Samuel and Mary Krepps — Aug. 21 at Green Pavilion at Kish Park. Meal at 12:30 p.m.
• Lewistown Specialty Yarn reunion — Aug. 27 at Green Pavilion at Kish Park. More information: (717) 543-6093 after 10 a.m.
• Kishacoquillas Class of 1967 reunion — Aug. 27, Milroy fire House. Doors open at 5 p.m. Dinner at 6 p.m. Classmates and guests welcome. Call Dale (Butch) Treaster to reserve a $30 meal at (717) 667-2157.
• Headings family reunion — Aug. 28 at Green Pavilion at Kish Park. Meal at 12:30 p.m.
• Kishacoquillas Class of 1970 (+2) reunion — 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 3 at Brookmere Winery, Belleville. Information contact Jane Garber at (717) 940-0037 or email@example.com
• 78th annual Edward S. and Amelia M. Wagner reunion — noon, Sept. 3, Kishacoquillas Park in the bumper car/yellow pavilion. Bring your family, a covered dish and an item for auction.
• Stewart and Emma (Arnold) Wagner family reunion — Sunday, Oct. 2 at The Annsfield, Route 35, Mifflintown. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Lewistown High School Class of 1958 64th Reunion — 1 p.m. Sept. 17 at Kish Park Green Pavillion. Meal at 3 p.m. Hamburgers, Hot dogs and place settings provided. Complete your reservation form and indicate the covered dish or other items you will be bringing to share. If you can’t attend, submit your reservation form to update your contact information. Information: Theresa Schaaf at (717) 667-2389.