The Sentinel offers nonprofit and other community organizations an opportunity to promote upcoming events for free in the community calendar for three days before the event. Events requiring reservations may be promoted for up to two weeks before the reservation deadline.
Events that require a purchase from a for-profit business, even if a donation is made to the organization, are not eligible for the calendar.
Submit items at least one business week in advance via email, firstname.lastname@example.org; call (717) 248-6741; online, Virtual Newsroom at www.lewistownsentinel.com; or mail or drop off, The Sentinel, 352 Sixth St., P.O. Box 588 Lewistown, PA 17044. The editor reserves the right to edit all submissions.
You must include a telephone number for verification purposes. The phone number is not for publication, unless so indicated.
• Raisin-filled cookie sale — $10 per dozen, $6 per half dozen. Call (717) 543-0921 to order by July 1. Pick up July at Decatur Fire Co. cookhouse, North 522, Alfarata.
Thursday, June 23
• Blood drive — 1:30-7 p.m., Mifflintown Hose Co. Appointments requested. For appointments and “Rapid Pass” visit: www.redcross.org.
• Working With Google Drive class — Google drive includes a broad set of tools to help you manage your documents, calendar, and meetings. 10 a.m.-noon PA CareerLink Mifflin County, MCIDC Plaza, Bldg 58.
• Kish Class of 1966 brunch — 10 a.m. Honey Creek Inn, Reedsville.
Friday, June 24
• Coffee with friends — 9 a.m.-noon at Lack-Tuscarora EMS, 9320 South Route 75, East Waterford.
• Keystone State Muscle Cars/PA Modern Mopars open cruise in — 5-8 p.m. at Londonderry Restaurant, 47 Auto Auction Circle, Reedsville.
• Single mom support group — 6:30-8 p.m., New Life Church Cafe, 101 Beech St., Burnham. Dinner served from 6:30-7 for mothers and children. Child care from 7-8 while mothers meet in a group. More information: call or text (717) 437-4946.
• 80s night — 7 p.m.. Elks Club, 3rd St., Lewistown. Hosted by the Lewistown Class of 1982. Public is invited. Free music.
Saturday, June 25
•Chicken barbecue — 11 a.m. pick up at Armagh Memorial Field. $5/half. Host: Milroy Lions Club. Information: (717) 994-8955.
Sunday, June 26
• Free community lunch —
11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. at Lewistown Presbyterian Church. Enter the church from Third Street.
Upcoming reunions, including missing classmate requests, are published as part of the calendar. Brief reports of reunions and class reunion photos with the people identified in the order in which they appear are accepted for publication in the Living section.
• Aurand family reunion — 1 p.m., June 25, Vince’s Pizza and Family Restaurant, U.S. 522, Beaver Springs. Meal will be attendee’s choice from the menu. Program is planned and other matters to be
discussed. All invited.
• Jacob Ammon and Elizabeth (Filson) Houser reunion — July 17 at noon at the Reedsville playground pavilion. Meal served at 1 p.m.; bring a covered dish to share. Paper goods supplied. Contributions will be requested and a continuation vote is scheduled.
• Aultz Family reunion — July 23 at the Burnham Lions building. Meal at 4 p.m. with swimming from 6 to 8. Please bring a covered dish and an auction item.
• Lewistown Granville High School Class of 1970 50th (+2) reunion — Aug. 13 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Rec Park Community Center. Registration form can be found online at https://www.facebook.com/LGHS50th/ or call (717) 347-8223.