Atkinson Mills Sportsman Club
* Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m.
* 3D archery shoots with life size animals will be held from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. the second Sunday of each month through September.
* .22 silhouette shoots at 10 a.m. on the fourth Sunday of each month through Oct. 26.
* Sporting clay shoots at 9 a.m. the second Sunday of each month through Oct. 12. Sept. 14 is the Blue Rock Open.
* 3D archery shoots at 8 a.m. on these dates:?July 6, July 27, Aug. 2-3 (Bowfest, 120 shots), Sept. 6-7 (60 shots).
* Trap shoots at 5 p.m. Sundays through Sept. 21. Bring your own shells.
* Club meetings at 2 p.m. on the fourth Sunday of each month. To east end Blue Rock:?From Milroy, follow signs to Reeds Gap State Park. Free camping available and kitchen is open during all events except trap shoots.
* Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the second Sunday of each month at the club in Wagner.
* Indoor 20-yard archery shoots are held at 7 p.m. Thursdays and 6 p.m. Sundays.
* Signups for three-person teams for an archery league are held at any of the shoots. The league shoots Sunday evenings.
Juniata Archers is located between Mifflin and Port Royal off Route 333. More information: 527-2723.
Lewistown Pistol Club
* Bull's-eye shoots are held every Wednesday beginning at 7 p.m. Cost is $3.
* Ruger rimfire matches are held at 10 a.m. on the first Sunday of every month. Registration at 9. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* IDPA matches are held at 10 a.m. on the last Sunday of every month through September. Registration at 9. More information: email@example.com.
Mifflin County Sportsmen's
* Regular meetings are at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
Millerstown Outdoor Sportsman's Expo
* The second annual expo and gun show will be from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Millerstown Area Community Park. Vendor space is available by calling Willard Benner at 579-9184 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Youth Field Day will be held from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 9 at Mifflin County Sportsman's Club, rain or shine. Up to 72 youth may sign up; each must be accompanied by an adult. There is a $10 fee. Activities include game calls, trapping, black powder firearms, small bore rifle, archery, BB?air guns, .22 bird shot, fly tying and fly casting/fishing. Registration forms are available at the Outdoor Shop in Lewistown.
* Club meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m. More information: 694-3969.
* Meetings are held on the first Sunday of each month at 4 p.m.
Spring Mills Fish and Game
* 3D archery shoots will be held June 29, July 13, Aug. 17 and Sept. 7.
* Sporting clay shoots will be held July 20, Aug. 3 and Sept. 21.
* The Penns Creek Chapter meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Lewistown Rec Center. More information:?667-7171.
True Aim Archery
* True Aim Archery, a non-profit, Christ-Centered 3-D?archery course, will hold shoots from 2-7 p.m. on July 12 and Sept. 13. The half-mile long course has 20 targets and varying distances. The course is outside McAlisterville. More information:?Cory Fronk at 319-9195.
Vietnam Veterans of America
* VVOA?Chapter 791 is sponsoring a fishing tournament from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. June 21. Fishing is confined to the boundaries of the Juniata River from Rhonda's Country Cooking in Juniata County to the Mount Union bridge in Huntingdon County. Entry fee is $15 in advance, $20 at the access area. Prizes are offered in six categories. More information:?Bill Beers at 899-7614.
E-mail submissions to email@example.com. Please indicate it is for the outdoors calendar. The editor reserves the right to edit or reject any submission.