* The third annual Trent Hebert memorial home run derby will be held at 9 a.m. May 17 at Kish Park. $10 entry fee. Age groups:?8-9, 10, 11, 12.
* Tryouts for the Mifflin County American Legion baseball team (16-19-year-olds) will be held at 1 p.m. May 17 at the Rec Park baseball field. More information:?Bernie Howard at 994-3218 or Chuck Curry at 250-1915.
* Mifflintown Youth Baseball home run derby will be held at 9 a.m. May 17 at the Mifflintown playground for players from 4-12 years old. Entry fee is $10. Each participant must bring their own pitcher. A helmet is required. More information:?437-7382, 648-4311, 348-5924, or 329-6527.
* Midd-West Youth Football/Cheerleading Association will hold registration for the 2014 Fall season from 10 a.m.-noon every Saturday in May at the MACC in Beaver Springs. More information:?Nate Zechman at (570) 658-7277.
* Friends of Fame EMS golf tournament will be played May 18 at Lewistown Country Club with a four-man scramble format and 1 p.m. shotgun start. There is a fee. Registration deadline is May 16, with form available online at fameems.org. More information:?Mick Abrashoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Race for Her 5K?will be held May 10 at 9 a.m., starting at Cameo Kitchens, across from Midway Drive-In in Mifflintown. More information:?email@example.com.
* Juniata High School alumni game will be played at 9 a.m. May 10. Cost is $20, which includes a T-shirt. More information:?Jamie Sheaffer at 991-7596.
* Basketball School for boys and girls entering grades 1-6 will be held Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Camp is led by Mifflin County boys coach Aaron Gingrich and girls coach Roger Herto. There is a fee. Register at the YMCA. More information:?248-5019.
* Registration is open for the summer basketball league for boys and girls entering grades 5 and higher, along with an alumni division. League June 9-July 31. Team registrations only. More information:?248-5019.
Sports notices may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or reported via phone at 248-6741, ext. 108. The editor reserves the right to edit or reject any notice. Notices will appear for a maximum of two weeks unless previously approved by the editor.