* Tryouts for Juniata County's Senior American Legion baseball team (ages 15-19) will be at 1 p.m. April 27 at the Juniata High School baseball field. Participants must attend the tryout to be considered for the team, and must bring a copy of their birth certificate. More information:?Lynn Mingle at 348-0449.
* The third annual Trent Hebert memorial home run derby will be held at 9 a.m. May 17 at Kish Park. $10 entry fee. Age groups:?8-9, 10, 11, 12.
* There will be a pre-season meeting of prospective Mifflin County football players (those entering grades 7-12 in the fall) at 7 p.m. April 23 in the MCHS commons. Parents also must attend. More information:?Cathy Michaels at 250-6768.
* Race for Her 5K?will be held May 10 at 9 a.m., starting at Cameo Kitchens, across from Midway Drive-In in Mifflintown. Discounted pre-registration continues through May 2. More information:?firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Lady Patriots are seeking players for a 12U ASA softball team. More information: Craig Bubb at 994.4937 or Joe Hoar at 994.1356.
Sports notices may be e-mailed to email@example.com or reported via phone at 248-6741, ext. 108. The editor reserves the right to edit or reject any notice. Notices will appear for a maximum of two weeks unless previously approved by the editor.