To the editor:
The fourth annual Sparks in the Park had a wonderful turnout from the community. We thank the public for coming to see the Battle of the Soup Kettle, demonstrations and quizzing our members on their knowledge of the Civil War.
The 148th Regiment Field Hospital and Venture Crew would also like to thank the following businesses for their support of our annual Sparks in the Park Civil War Re-enactment at Kish Park: Derry Township Supervisors for use of the campground and pavilion, Derry Township Fire Police, Brannon & Royer, Captain Jack's Distributing, Burnham Lions Club, Lewistown Creamery, Vince's Pizza, Ralph Lincoln, WMRF radio and The (Lewistown) Sentinel.
We thank the following businesses for sponsoring our Civil War Ball: FoxPro Systems, John Smolcic Dental Office, Dan Bennett State Farm Insurance, and Burnham OIP.
We thank the following businesses for donating to our raffle: Port Royal Speedway, Mifflin Hill Beverage, Bread of Life Restaurant, Mac's Clothing, Downtown OIP & Grille, Miller Cinemas, Delgrosso's Amusement, and Burnham OIP. Winners of the Raffle are:
1. $100 Walmart gift card -Sharon Stuck, Lewistown
2. $100 Sheetz gift card - Matt Aurand, Lewistown
3. Two General admission passes to Port Royal Speedway and $25 gift card to Zimmerman Wholesale, Mifflintown - Maria Maneval, Richfield
4. Two general admission passes to Port Royal Speedway and $25 gift certificate to Mifflin Hill Beverage, Mifflin - Shawn Narehood, Lewistown
5. $25 gift certificate to Bread of Life Restaurant, McAlisterville and $25 gift certificate to Mac's Clothing, Mifflintown - Ray Yoder, Allensville
6. $15 gift certificate to Downtown OIP & Grille, Lewistown and two adult/two children passes to Miller Cinemas, Lewistown - Deb Brackbill, Mifflintown
7. Two all-day Ride/Slide/Waterpark passes to Delgrosso's Amusement Park, Tyrone - Denny Wagner, Milroy
8. $45 gift card to Burnham OIP, Burnham - Michelle Karns
Thank you once again for all your support.
The members of the
Field Hospital/Venture Crew
Capt. Lamar Richard,