Shorts have long become a summer staple. We have worn them our entire lives. With all the new styles it's hard to know just which pair to choose. Here are 10 tips to help you find the perfect shorts for your shape.
1. Short and pleated styles are great for boyish frames. The pleating adds curves and this type of figure can definitely pull off the shorter length.
2. A mid-length cuffed short is great for curvy frames and the simple cut is slimming. Be aware that the color white and back flap pockets will widen you.
3. Busty frames and pear shapes look great in a mid-length full style. If you have a short torso a mid-rise loose cut won't work.
4. Flat-front shorts work well on curvy and petite frames. A dark finish like black or navy looks sleek.
5. When wearing a long top over short shorts make sure you can still see the shorts! A belt helps to create shape.
6. Always choose a pair of shorts that goes past your leg's widest part. Shorts that stop at the thickest part of the thighs can make legs look bigger.
7. Be careful that the fit around the legs is not tight. This will cause the fabric of the shorts to bunch and pull.
8. Shorts that are made of baggy fabric and have long tapered legs are unflattering to any figure.
9. By adding a chic blazer, a cincher belt and a gold watch you can take shorts from fashionable to fabulous.
10. Try playing on proportions when wearing short shorts. Add an extra long necklace and an oversize clutch to complete the look.
Baring legs can be intimidating. Just remember to use good fashion sense. If the fit of your shorts doesn't feel right, they probably won't look right.
Contact Jacquie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.