At last, a '70s look that women of all ages don't mind revisiting! Long, easy skirts and dresses are surfacing everywhere this spring. They offer a look and feel of comfort for any occasion.
Here are 10 tips to help you get it right when wearing a maxi.
1.Choose prints wisely. A "super-sized pattern of any motif can overwhelm the average figure. Add a large tote and the overall look is a fiasco.
2. Be careful not to mix a '70s tie-dyed maxi with mirrored shades. It worked 30 years ago, but one part vintage is enough for any outfit.
3. Pair a U-neckline jersey maxi with flat T-strap sandals for a perfect glam goddess look.
4. Not all maxis have to be ultra-flowy. To show off a tiny middle, go for a skinny belt and a narrower skirt. Wearing heels versus flats also has a slimming effect.
5. Super straight maxis can make a tall woman look lanky. Tiers soften an angular frame and add curves.
6. Don't be afraid to play with proportions. When wearing a loose maxi skirt, pair with a roomy T-shirt.
7. Ankle-grazing skirts are not just for evening hours. Low-key cotton gives any maxi skirt a daytime twist.
8. Even a very feminine, soft tiered maxi skirt takes on a "tough" look when you throw a slouchy bag over your shoulder.
9. It doesn't end with the hem. Keep things interesting to the tips of you toes with an edgy gladiator.
10. The most stunning springtime maxis are found in subdued floral prints.
Maxi skirts and dresses are acceptable attire for every occasion. They can hang at an afternoon barbecue just as easily as they grace a formal wedding. So grab your maxi and go!
Contact Jacquie Bennett at email@example.com.