April showers may bring May flowers, but spring prints are already in full bloom. Here are 10 tips on how to wear this season's trendy florals and look super chic.
1. The hottest accent this spring is overgrown roses gracing the fabrics of long flowy skirts and knee length dresses. Look for the bright petals against a stark white or black background to really make a statement.
2. Full-skirted floral dresses can look dated. Be sure not to accessorize and keep the look simple.
3. A matching floral jacket and skirt is just too much!
4. Keep in mind overall floral patterns will make you look bigger.
5. Big blossoms, poufy hair and enormous earrings spell disaster!
6. When choosing shoes to complement the look of large florals, forget the brights and bling. Scout out classic styles and shades. Think nude, muted metallics or a jewel tone for your go-to shoe.
7. Choose a color from the print to match a handbag. Keep the bag structured with no tassel or fringe.
8. Big baubles and florals don't mix. Small drops on the ear or a single cuff bracelet will let the statement prints do the talking.
9. For the office, opt for a repetitive floral pattern that doesn't look too busy.
10. Special occasions call for more than just a pretty print to create a look that won't be forgotten. Look for patterns that have four or more colors. This will up the wow factor!
Wearing floral patterns make a definite fashion statement. Even dark abstract prints will be noticed. So don't be afraid to supersize (your florals!).
Contact Jacquie Bennett at email@example.com.