In the words of Lloyd Boston, renown style expert, "Most women don't run out of clothes; they simply run out of ideas and are maybe missing a few accessories or items that the most fashionable women always seem to have."
Since the season to dress up and be merry has arrived, it's time to take a good look into your closet. If you don't find some of the 10 following pieces it may be time to go shopping (New Year's Eve is just around the corner).
1. Metallic evening shoes -If you don't change anything in your collection of evening attire, try adding a stylish metallic shoe. It can transform even the most basic black pantsuit into a fabulous fashion statement.
2. Cream color dress pant (winter white) -Add the cream color dress pant to your style vocabulary. If found in a year round fabric such as a light weight wool, this single bottom has the unique power to allow you to create looks that spark many themes.
3. Evening gown - Contrary to popular belief, your little black dress won't take you everywhere. There are some occasions that simply require a more formal dress or gown.
4. Black velvet blazer - Timeless, ageless, smart, chic, the black velvet blazer is a staple of the working woman who desires a little luxe mixed in with her basic 9 to 5 wardrobe.
5. Statement evening bag - This bag should fit securely in your grasp. Fine craftsmanship and finished details are what others take notice of.
6. Evening wrap - Women are usually the first to get cold in a room of dressed up minglers and with good reason. Men sit in layers of wool jackets, sweaters and cotton shirts, while the girls shiver in sheer tops, chiffon skirts and open toed sandals, having to look unfazed. Enter the wrap. Embrace the unexpected. Select something so unique that it stands on its own art. It doesn't have to match anything exactly - simply complement your look, or pop against it.
7. Ball gown skirt- This floor length, flowing skirt can cloak the hips, without looking like you are trying. Scale can make your top half look slightly smaller. Your first try at this skirt should be a dark color that is versatile enough to be featured for several appearances without looking like you are repeating your one skirt again and again.
8. LBD - If you don't own one, the little black dress is a must. This dress can be styled for every age. Think knee high black boots, black texture tights and peep toe pumps in a cool metallic tone or fun heels in anything but black.
9. Fun faux fur jacket - Choose an animal print in a waist grazing style. This can top a pair of skinny jeans tucked into knee high boots as well as a long evening dress or skirt.
10. Dressy white blouse - Nothing can be more functional to dress up a pair of pants or a skirt. Pair it with a long evening skirt for a simply elegant wow look.
No matter what your social calendar holds for the holiday season, it's always fun to step up your look.
Wishing you all a happy holiday filled with glitz, glamour and style!