DUBOIS, Pa. (AP) — A state police fire marshal says a candle caused a fire that destroyed a 10-unit apartment building in central Pennsylvania that left about 35 people homeless.
Nobody was hurt in the fire reported just after noon Saturday at the Seven Kitchens building in DuBois. That's about 70 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
The building is a two-story wood structure that contains 10 units, some of which were single-room while others were multi-room family units.
Investigators say the occupant of one apartment accidentally put a blanket over a candle that was burning on an end table, causing the blanket to catch fire.
The fire broke through the building's roof and caused it to collapse.