| || |
What month is it?
September 30, 2008 - Jane Mort
Thank goodness it's Oct. 1.
The food desk has been inundated with important press releases letting me and other food editors know that October is the month to push their products.
October is National Popcorn Poppin' Month, which I did push on the Oct. 1 food page because I like quizzes and the The Popcorn Board sent an interesting one. They also sent lots of great-sounding recipes and pictures of the finished products that I think The Sentinel readership will enjoy.
So what's poppin' in addition to corn?
- Casserole Month
- Eat Better, Eat Together Month
- Frozen Foods Festival Month
- Go Hog Wild - Eat Country Ham Month
- National Bake and Decorate Month
- National Chili Month
- National Seafood Month
- Spinach Lovers Month
- Vegetarian Month
- National Cake Decorating Day (Oct. 10)
- National Chestnut Week (Oct. 12-18)
- National Nut Day (Oct. 22)
Don't be surprised if some of these these topics make their way onto the Food page this month!