Some Obama executive orders listed for perusal
To the editor:
In a recent letter to the editor about gun control, I made a statement that I felt that Barack Obama had dictatorial tendencies, and used his willingness to use an executive order to override Congress to establish strict gun control measures as proof. After giving it more though, I felt that I should give a little more proof, and here it is.
Let’s just examine executive orders and how they have been made by previous presidents and also by Mr. Obama, our current president. First, we will examine frequency and then we will get into substance. Just hold on to your hats, and prepare yourselves for a shock.
Executive orders issued by the United States President in the past 100 plus-minus years are as follows:
Teddy Roosevelt – 3
All other until FDR – 0
Franklin D. Roosevelt – 11 in 16 years
Harry Truman – 5 in 7 years
Ike Eisenhower – 2 in 8 years
John Kennedy – 4 in 3 years
Lyndon Johnson – 4 in 5 years
Gerald Ford – 3 in 2 years
James Carter – 3 in 4 years
Ronald Reagan – 5 in 8 years
George H.W. Bush – 3 in 4 years
William Clinton – 15 in 8 years
George W. Bush – 62 in 8 years (and Democrats called him an Imperial President)
Barack Obama – 923 in 3.5 years.
In my lifetime, all presidents have issued executive orders for various reasons, some more than others, some for good reasons, and others not so good, but what Barack Obama has done is really scary. Now let’s examine some of the content of Barack Obama’s executive orders:
1. #10990 – allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control the highways and seaports.
2. #10995 – allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
3. #10997 – allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
4. #11998 – allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
5. #11000 – allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under the government supervision. Think about work camps in the Soviet Union, Siberia, or in Nazi Germany.
6. #11001- allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
7. #11002 – designates the registration of all people; Postmaster General to operate a national registration.
8. #11003 – allows the housing and finance authority to relocate communities, and build new housing with public funds (taxpayer money); Designate areas to be abandoned and establish new locations for populations (Concentration camps anyone?).
9. #11005 – allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
10. #11049 – assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies consolidating 21 operative executive orders over a 15-year period.
11. #11051 – specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all executive orders into effect in times of increased internal tensions and economic or financial crisis (which Barack Obama is going out of his way to create).
12. #11310 – grant authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in executive orders, institute industrial support to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the president.
13. #11921 – allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in the United States financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
Feel free to verify the executive orders at will. These are not all of Obama’s executive orders, just some of the major ones. Just this week, Obama has issued another new executive order that seeks to “harmonize United States economic regulations with the rest of the world.” Does new world order ring a bell with anyone out there? If this is difficult to believe, then prove yourself that it’s wrong. Google it.
Stephen E. Sellers