Fire burns Lewistown home

LEWISTOWN – A kitchen was destroyed and a living room partly damaged in a Tuesday fire at 64 Pine St. in Lewistown, Lewistown Fire Department Chief Bob Bartlett said.

According to the Mifflin County Emergency Communications Center, the call came in at 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday. Bartlett said they were able to get the fire under control in about eight to 10 minutes. The crews were able to keep the fire from spreading through most of the living room.

“The crews did a good job. They made a good stop,” he said.

Bartlett said the second floor suffered smoke damage but not any fire damage. Additionally, the adjacent residence at 62 Pine St. only suffered “light smoke.”

Bartlett said there were no injuries and that the fire originated from the stove and was “probably grease related.”

United Fire and Rescue, City Hook and Ladder, Brooklyn Fire Co., Junction Fire Co., East Derry Fire Co., West Granville Fire Co. and Fame EMS assisted at the scene.