Crews battle blaze that went from chimney to attic in Menno Township home
ALLENSVILLE – Fire departments from both Mifflin and Huntingdon counties responded to a Monday chimney fire at 630 Bunker Hill Road, Menno Township.
The fire was reported to be in the chimney of the residence at 12:24 p.m.. Allensville Fire Department Chief Trevor Eckley said smoke then started to drift into the attic and the flames followed the smoke. Eckley continued to say the fire damaged two floors of the home as well as some of the wall, and the cost of the damage overall had not yet been determined as of press time Monday night. Eckley also said he believed the residents were a Mennonite couple, who has support from the local community. Crews left the scene at 3:42 p.m.
Allensville was assisted on the scene by: Reedsville, Belleville, Yeagertown, Milroy fire companies, Highland Park Hose Company, and Fame and Big Valley Ambulances. Also responding were Brady Township, Huntingdon Regional, Smithfield, and Mill Creek fire companies from Huntingdon County.