The McCoy House Museum, located at 17 N. Main St., Lewistown, will be open special hours, from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. on June 25.
The featured exhibit is “Quilts Through the Years,” which includes more than 30 quilts dating from the 1800s to the present. A booklet describing each quilt will be available for visitors.
Also new for the 2017 season is an exhibit recognizing local fraternal and civic organizations. The recently completed exhibit shares some items related to such organizations as the Elks, Moose, Grange, Owls, Masons and Odd Fellows.
Regular hours for the museum are 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays. The museum is also open for tours or special groups by calling the society office at 242-1022.
The Juniata County Historical Society’s Tuscarora Academy Museum is open for the season from 1:30 to 4 p.m. each Sunday afternoon during the months of June, July and August.
The Tuscarora Academy’s address is 472 Academy Road. For those using Google Maps, simply type in Tuscarora Academy into the search.